Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Kingdom in ruins

I am tired of you, says the Lady, weary yet restless as she finds herself awake close to witching hour. She may have reached a point when she no longer cares because he does not either.

He laughs and is amused but she does not find herself laughing. She looks up, Her make shift crown poised upon her head. Do you even hear what I say? And if you hear do you actually listen? In spite of your griping, realize this, that you make your own problems and you relish the time spent in battle so much so that I am afraid that I will someday be left without strength to lead you again to the path that saves you.

Remember that quiet day? That scene where the water hits the shore in that summer place lost and hidden. It now seems so far away, and as unlikely as the tide ever settling on where it should be. Will you ever look into someone’s eyes long enough and not look away even when the world calls out to you ever so invitingly. I look into yours and I see nothing. I stare at my own and I do not even see myself. The sea has drowned the black livid pools that once was there. I am left with nothing more to say, and such deafening silence. Silence that only I can hear. The Lady weeps, but she is left without a listener, he is long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment